This post is also available in: Indonesian
Thursday, 7th May 201, was a blessed and historical day for GPdI El-Olam church, because that day became the day of deliverance for them; the Lord answered their struggle in completing their church building. As God’s extended hands, Anugrah Ministries appointed GPdI El-Olam church, which is located in Sepangah Village, Air Besar District, Landak Region, West Kalimantan Province, as her 31st CMO project.
Ps. Reflis Dalending, together with his wife, Tisusanti started pioneering this church at the end of 2010. Before that, they were serving the Lord in Bitung City, North Sulawesi. However, when Ps. Reflis’ mother in law passed away, his father in law asked them to go back to Sepangah Village and pioneer a church there. By faith, they made a firm decision to leave their ministry in Bitung, and headed to West Kalimantan. They started their first service only with 6 congregation, at Mr. Tisung’s home (Ps. Reflis’ father in law). By December 2010, Ps. Reflis received a letter of appointment from the Headquarter of GPdI Synode to become the pastor of the church.
Early 2011, GPdI El-Olam church was officially established as a church organization in Sepangah Village. The church grew as time went by, so in June 2012, together with his congregation, Ps. Reflis started builing their church building. After two years, they started having their service in the on-going church building (by August 2014), though it was not thoroughly completed yet.
The condition of GPdI El-Olam church building when our CMO Survey Team went there for the first time was as follows: the walls were not plastered and painted yet, there was no flooring, no front porch, no windows and doors, no pastoral home (a quarter of the sanctuary was temporarily partitioned for the pastor and his family to live in), no bathroom. The number of congregation registered 56 souls, consisting of adults and children. Most of the congregation have low income, working as farmers or farming laborers in other people’s field.
Ps. Daniel Hendrata, as the Chairman of Anugrah Pressindo Foundation, led the Starting Ceremony of CMO 31. The local pastor and every congregation of GPdI El-Olam church looked very enthusiastic in spreading the work of the Lord.
These are the things that we will makeover in CMO 31st project:
- Plaster and paint the surrounding walls (exterior and interior)
- Install ceiling
- Install ceramic tiles as flooring
- Install windows and doors of the church
- Build the 2-bedroom, 8x6m pastoral home
- Present 3 units public bathroom (where they can take shower, wash their clothes, and go to toilet) as our contribution to the community
- Present clean-water well for the community
We hope everything will go on smoothly, and this project can finish on time, by the grace of God. Thanks to the partners of Anugrah Ministries who support us in executing this CMO 31st project. God bless you!
Latest posts by anugrah (see all)
- The Start of CMO 31: GPdI El-Olam, Sepangah Village, West Kalimantan, 7 May 2015 - Monday, 22 June, 2015
- The Start of Church MakeOver (CMO) 30: GMII Baitani Limau – West Kalimantan, 6 May 2015 - Monday, 22 June, 2015
- The Start of Church MakeOver (CMO) 29: GPdI Jemaat Imamat Rajani, Aek Horsik, North Sumatra, 26 March 2015 - Tuesday, 12 May, 2015